By Kenny Howell
A new No.1 and shifting as always in this week's power rankings. Teams are followed by their records and what they were last week.
1. Los Angeles Dodgers (76-53) (2) - They don't seem like they were ever cool off. They are 29-6 since the All-Star Break. Won seven of their last 10.
2. Atlanta Braves (77-52) (1) - Braves have dropped three in a row to relinquish the top spot.
3. Detroit Tigers (76-53) (3) - Tigers have a comfortable lead now in the AL Central that they shouldn't relinquish.
4. Tampa Bay Rays (74-53) (6) - The Rays are back on top of the AL East, winning eight of their last 10.
5. Pittsburgh Pirates (76-53) (4) - Pirates have just split their last 10, and are in danger of losing the division lead to the Cardinals.
6. St. Louis Cardinals (76-53) (9) - The Cardinals have broken their mini-slump, and have won four in a row, eight of their last 10.
7. Texas Rangers (75-54) (8) - The Rangers are playing just a bit better than the A's, and holding the AL West lead.
8. Cincinnati Reds (74-56) (7) - The Reds are still the odd man out in the three way NL Central race.
9. Oakland Athletics (72-56) (5) - The Athletics are playing mediocre at the wrong time, as they have given the Rangers a little bit of a cushion in the AL West.
10. Boston Red Sox (76-55) (10) - The Red Sox are finally slipping a bit, winning just four of their last 10.
11. Cleveland Indians (70-59) (13) - Gonna be tough for the Indians to win the AL Central, but a Wild Card is still very much a possibility.
12. Baltimore Orioles (69-59) (11) - The Orioles are not taking advantage of a slipping Red Sox team, as they have just won four of their last six as well.
13. Arizona Diamondbacks (66-62) (12) - The Diamondbacks are pretty much out of the race in the NL West and Wild Card now, but it's still possible for the Wild Card.
14. New York Yankees (68-61) (15) - I had given up on the Yankees the last two weeks saying they wouldn't make it to the postseason, but the Wild Card still might be within grasp. Dangit.
15. Washington Nationals (65-64) (16) - The Nationals are putting it together right now, winning five in a row.
16. Kansas City Royals (64-64) (14) - The Royals have been so streaky all year. Right now, it's going the wrong way, losers of seven straight.
17. Milwaukee Brewers (56-73) (17) - The Brew Crew have gotten out of last place in the NL Central.
18. Colorado Rockies (60-71) (19) - The Rockies are coasting along at below average.
19. Los Angeles Angels (57-71) (22) - The Angels have won two in a row.
20. Toronto Blue Jays (57-73) (18) - The Blue Jays have never really got it going this year. On a seven game losing streak right now.
21. Chicago Cubs (55-74) (20) - The Cubs are back to playing like they did at the start of the year, losing seven of their last 10.
22. New York Mets (58-69) (21) - The Mets have dropped three in a row.
23. Seattle Mariners (59-69) (23) - The Mariners have lost two in a row, and four of their last six.
24. San Francisco Giants (57-72) (24) - Safe to say that the Giants won't be repeating this year.
25. Chicago White Sox (53-75) (26) - White Sox are playing fairly well, winning seven of their last 10.
26. San Diego Padres (58-71) (25) - Padres are bad.
27. Minnesota Twins (57-71) (27) - So are the Twins.
28. Philadelphia Phillies (58-71) (29) - And the Phillies.
29. Miami Marlins (49-79) (28) - And of course the Marlins are.
30. Houston Astros (43-85) - But the Astros are king of terrible.