By Kenny Howell
Once again this week, I will just stick with the teams that are still in the playoff race. The others are playing for next year.
1. Boston Red Sox (91-59) (1) - The Red Sox have gotten hot at the right time and wrapped up the AL East Crown.
2. St. Louis Cardinals (86-62) (5) - The Cardinals are back tied for the lead in the NL Central, and have won seven of their last 10.
3. Oakland Athletics (87-61) (9) - Oakland has almost clinched the AL West crown, after winning their last four and eight of their last 10.
4. Atlanta Braves (89-59) (3) - The Braves have won just four of their last 10, but have the NL East won.
5. Los Angeles Dodgers (86-62) (2) - The Dodgers have finally halted their long term winning streak and look to be headed in the wrong direction at the wrong time.
6. Detroit Tigers (85-63) (4) - Another top team that isn't playing their best. They too have only won four of their last 10.
7. Pittsburgh Pirates (86-62) (7) - The Pirates are in a battle with the Cardinals for first place in the NL Central, but they need to do better than splitting their last 10 to win it.
8. Cincinnati Reds (84-65) (8) - The Reds looked like they might get control of the NL Central, but are still 2.5 games back.
9. Texas Rangers (81-66) (6) - The Rangers are also heading in the wrong direction, dropping five in a row. They are still in the Wild Card right now, but could lose it if they don't turn it around.
10. Cleveland Indians (80-68) (10) - The AL Central crown is starting to become a bit of a longshot, but the Indians are very much in the Wild Card race, just 1.5 games back.
11. Tampa Bay Rays (81-66) (12) - The Rays have won three in a row, and are still in the Wild Card lead. Have just won five of their last 10.
12. Baltimore Orioles (78-70) (11) - The Orioles still have hope of a Wild Card birth, but it's getting slimmer.
13. New York Yankees (79-70) (13) - Same for the Yankees, as the Red Sox are keeping them from gaining any ground.
14. Kansas City Royals (78-70) (14) - The Royals are right there with them as well, needing a streak to get them into the postseason for the first time in a long time.
15. Washington Nationals (78-70) (15) - I left them out last week, but they have battled their way, sort of, back into it, now just 5.5 games out of the Wild Card and winning eight of their last 10.