By Kenny Howell
Once again this week, I will just rank the teams that are still in the postseason race. Not much change this week, but a little bit.
1. Boston Red Sox (94-62) (1) - Clinched the AL East, and still have the best record in baseball.
2. St. Louis Cardinals (91-64) (2) - The Cardinals have a slightly comfortable lead in the NL Central, and look like they might get the division.
3. Oakland Athletics (92-63) (3) - The A's are hot at the right time, and look to keep it up into the postseason.
4. Detroit Tigers (91-64) (6) - The Tigers are hot as well, winning eight of their last 10.
5. Atlanta Braves (91-63) (4) - Braves have just won four of their last 10.
6. Los Angeles Dodgers (89-66) (5) - The Dodgers have just won four of their last 10 as well, but they won the NL West this week.
7. Pittsburgh Pirates (89-66) (7) - The Pirates are treading water a bit, and need to put a run together to end the season. Most likely will get a Wild Card, but a division title is still a possibility.
8. Cincinnati Reds (88-67) (8) - The Reds are still very much in the NL Central race as well, and could overtake the division lead.
9. Cleveland Indians (85-70) (10) - The Indians are hot and have got themselves into a Wild Card position. Division title is not likely, but look good right now getting into the postseason.
10. Tampa Bay Rays (85-69) (11) - Rays are playing well too, and are a half game out of the Wild Card race. Winners of seven of their last 10.
11. Texas Rangers (84-70) (9) - The Rangers are sinking fast, losing seven of their last 10. Just a half game out of the Wild Card, but they are going in the wrong direction.
12. New York Yankees (82-73) (13) - The Yankees have pulled a little closer in the Wild Card race, but still sit three games back.
13. Baltimore Orioles (81-73) (12) - The Orioles aren't playing as well as they need to be to close the gap in the Wild Card race. Currently losers of three straight and 3.5 games out of the spot.
14. Kansas City Royals (81-73) (14) - The Royals are still alive. Kansas City fans haven't been able to say that in quite some time. Still 3.5 games out of the Wild Card.
15. Washington Nationals (83-71) (15) - The Nationals are charging, but they had a lot of ground to make up. Won eight of their last 10. They are 4.5 games out of the Wild Card.