By Kenny Howell
Gonna do things a little different this week. I'm not going to do a full Power Rankings because there are several teams that just don't matter at this point. I will just rank the teams that have a chance at the postseason.
1. Boston Red Sox (87-57) (7) - Before a loss today, the Red Sox had won five in a row. They take advantage of a bunch of elite teams slumping.
2. Los Angeles Dodgers (83-58) (1) - The Dodgers give up the top spot this week after dropping their last three games.
3. Atlanta Braves (85-57) (2) - The Braves slip too after losing four straight.
4. Detroit Tigers (82-60) (3) - The Tigers have split their last 10 games, dropping them a spot.
5. St. Louis Cardinals (82-60) (6) - The Cardinals have moved back into the lead in the NL Central.
6. Texas Rangers (80-61) (4) - The Rangers have given the AL West back to the A's, but are still in good shape for the Wild Card.
7. Pittsburgh Pirates (81-60) (5) - Pirates drop too after losing three in a row, and giving up the NL Central lead.
8. Cincinnati Reds (81-62) (9) - The Reds are winning at the right time, and are aiming for the NL Central lead.
9. Oakland Athletics (82-60) (10) - The A's are back to their winning ways, and are in first in the AL West. Will it hold?
10. Cleveland Indians (76-65) (13) - The Indians have won four in a row, and are just a game behind the Rays in the Wild Card.
11. Baltimore Orioles (76-65) (14) - The Orioles have won three in a row, and are poised to take the Wild Card from the Rays.
12. Tampa Bay Rays (77-64) (8) - The Rays are spiraling downward, losing eight of their last 10. They still have the Wild Card, but might lose that if they continue losing.
13. New York Yankees (75-67) (11) - The Yankees have dropped three of their last four, but the Wild Card is still within reach.
14. Kansas City Royals (74-68) (16) - The Royals are hanging around. Would be awesome to see them slip into the playoffs.